Saturday, April 12, 2008


4.02am

The moment of truth. With white tiles snorting highways.

I wish i was on an actual highway right now, left arm out the window with a menthol dangling between my fingers ... highway music. Please define, something like Snow Patrol, Remy Zero, Broken Social Scene. I think of Zihan when i write this. She knows the soul of the highway and what it does to a person. The nostalgic nothingness and stagnant sorrow for the times went past. I relate to her soul the way the signboards point out the directions. We know where to go, but often wonder why to take this route.

Simplicity appeals to me. Long stretched winding roads that will eventually lead to somewhere but at that point all that matters is the company. I guess this is where the glass shard breaks and shatters. Back then Zihan and i would always wish the skies were dark, easier to hide our imperfections. We found comfort in the silence around us because the neon lights always carried a sharp superficial reminder that we were different. Now that i think about it, i still stand my ground. We are different. We just felt a little bit too much.

1 comment:

Anna said...

my heart breaks a little.

keep writing.